Monday, May 11, 2009

The Black Thumb


photo credit: weeder's digest

Okay, I know we're already deep into May with nary a peep from me and I am failing to live up to my two posts a week in the most miserable fashion, and I owe you a long, thoughtful post that I don't yet even have the inspiration for, let alone time to put together...but tonight will not be the night for that. I have bad news

My ranunculus is dying.

I think it caught something called powdery mildew. It started getting this white powder all over its leaves and then all the leaves turned brown and fell off. It is hard to explain how very sad I am about this. I loved that plant. It was beautiful. And it makes me sad because I feel like so many plants that I've owned since coming to Buffalo have died. Do I have a black thumb? I am starting to be afraid that this is the case...

RIP Ranunclus. I really felt like what we had was magical, if short-lived.

S.

No comments: