Friday, April 17, 2009

Well, duh...

I read this really interesting post on a blog I check in with from time to time entitled synch-ro-ni-zing. It is depressing, but not surprising revelations. Anyone who has actually gone through a writing program could easily tell you that there are many more people out there who feel like they have something to say than there are people willing to sit and listen to what others have said before them. People who's work comes from being opinionated or from having OD on too many fantasy novels, rather than from a well of literary tradition that they've dug themselves with dedicated readership. Lots of writers are just noisy, inarticulate assholes. Hmmm...could I number myself among them? I read books...right? Lots of books. I always wish I was reading more. Maybe that's just a reflection of my insatiability.

Also, as an aside, today is my birthday. When I blow out my candles, I will wish for an incredibly talented, incredibly versatile, incredibly gorgeous dance partner who will waltz (literally) into my life and make it so I never have to worry about going places where there a more follows than leads. Phhhhhhhhh...

S.

No comments: