Sunday, November 25, 2007

Soiree

This year you are exceedingly, abundantly fortunate, because you are privileged to at least view, if not partake of, my beautiful, succulent Thanksgiving bird. Here it be.















Unfortunately the picture cannot do sufficient justice. This, my friends, is a brined turkey. This simply means that it was soaked overnight in a very strong salt solution before we roasted it. The brining doesn't make the turkey taste salty, it just makes it incredibly juicy and gives delicious flavor. The cavity was not filled with evil, soggy stuffing, but with gently cooked apple, onion, cinnamon sticks, fresh rosemary, sage, and fresh cranberries. It is the essence of Turkey, the philosophical form of what turkey was meant to be. The whole meal was delightful, but none of the other food pictures turned out except for the beautiful pumpkin pie which I made from scratch, the first ever such pie. The edges got slightly overdone, but the pie and the crust were both delicious!















But this is a happy one of the centerpiece that I arranged. I stole the idea of putting the cranberries in the vase from a grocery store arrangement, which cost over fifty dollars. I made this one for a little over eight dollars. I'm rather proud of that.






Hope you all had a most joyous and delightful holiday!

S.

1 comment:

Hope said...

BEAUTIFUL!!! If you and I ever got together for to make a Thanksgiving Feast we would be on television or something!