Wednesday, November 11, 2009

The New Thing



So, things have still been zooming around here at about a million miles an hour. Last weekend was full on tango workshop weekend. All tango all the time. And ladies and gents, I have tangoed all that I can, I can't tango no more. At least until Friday. Truth be told, I think I've been taking on more than my solitude-loving soul can handle. So, I haven't really come here today to actually post, sadly enough. More just to check-in and say hi. I haven't really been able to have enough down time to crawl into that mental space where the creative energy lives, where the deep thoughts gather and gel. But I washed some of the dishes today. I figured out why the water wasn't draining out of the washing machine the right way. These are great achievements. These are the great achievements for the past week.

So, I'll leave you with that and one great piece of news: I've been talking to one of my clients, a theatre owner, about doing some more hands-on work with them as part of my job. She is totally supportive of it and wants to get me in there learning lights, sound, and acting as the "outside eye" as they rehearse their productions. I could not be more excited. One more great thing for me to learn. I'd better be careful, though. When I learn videography, I want to become a videographer, when I learn lights, I'll want to become stage crew. Around every new corner there seems to be a possible career change. And to think, when I started college just a few short years ago I thought I had to become a writing major because that was the only thing I could be good at. Pah! Absurdity. Anyway, I am very excited to start this new venture and I thought you all should know. Expect more from me...someday.

S.

No comments: