Thursday, February 19, 2009

The Education of S.


picture credit

The human species must keep evolving, or it will die, probably from boredom. The human individual must also keep evolving. Towards my evolution, I am attempting to revisit and patch up all the holes that were left in my education, particularly my pop culture education. To that end, I have recently subscribed to Netflix, and am trying to watch every movie of significance, ever. There are lots of loose ends to tie up. Casablanca, Citizen Kane, Sunset Boulevard, Some Like It Hot. The Godfather movies. Films with epic impact on our culture that I, even with all my 23 years, have yet to see. And, you know, also silly stuff like Transformers and Bride Wars. Just because I can.

But seriously, I currently find myself with a longing to dive into what has been considered important and meaningful in shaping our culture. Influential books and movies...and don't even get me started on how much I have bent my brain trying to understand this music thing. I do not need your paltry college to further my education! I have taken it into my own hands! Now, if only I had someone to talk about this stuff with...being a verbal processor AND an introvert is the pits...

1 comment:

Hope said...

Hey! I am way behind in movies and music, as well. Less so in books. At any rate. I always like talking to you, and I think that's one of the best things movies and music are for, talking about that is. So write me an email... if I haven't seen the movie or heard the music I will... and then I will respond. I can even count that sort of stuff toward school hours, so long as it is taking place between critical minds. Even if you decide to talk to somebody with more knowledge of such things, I want you to know that you inspire me.