Friday, February 13, 2009

Sunshine




So today, when I went to where I usually dance, it was the first time in a long time that I had seen any sunshine. I walked into that huge room and there it was, streaming in through 8 ft. windows and across the hardwood floors. The sun was setting and I was there to dance. Thankfully, I quickly had the sense to do away with my usual play list and pull out the sunshine songs. Nothing special, nothing prepared, just scrolling through the i-pod and dancing away to whatever hit my fancy. Lots of waltzing. Moving in and out of the light, watching my shadows dance on the walls and floor. Nothing planned, no criteria, no techniques to refine. Just movement, just being within the music and connecting with it, letting it lead me. Just me, golden light and hardwood.

No comments: