Friday, February 20, 2009

Oh. No.



Sometimes, when I read these blogs, and see the unfolding stories of these incredible women, artists, mothers, passionate, hip, interesting...I confess. I wonder. Could it be possible? Could it be possible to be a mom and still be doing awesome stuff, changing the world? I see them making dinner, celebrating birthdays, doing art projects, teaching lessons in the most innovative ways. And I can't help but wonder. Could it be possible to raise a child without making them hate you, to actually give them good things to take out into the world?

I don't want to think this way. Everything within me tells me that for me, children spell disaster in every way. I'm too selfish. Too ambitious in other areas. Too crazy. Too scared. But sometimes. I wonder.

No comments: